North Tonawanda, USA
March 24, 2022
The payroll clerk is responsible for preparing and processing payroll and maintaining payroll records for US employees. This is a part-time position (Monday-Wednesday 8am-5pm)
In addition to annual initiatives, the key accountabilities of this position are:
- Process payroll; ensure on-time payment to employees and statutory agencies.
- Validate transactions prior to submission.
- Processes exception items requiring special handling.
- Investigate and resolve payroll issues.
- Process special payrolls including bonuses and year-end adjustments.
- Review and ensure accuracy of approved timecards.
Payroll Record Management and Reporting
- Update and input all information for new hires and terminations.
- Updates payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers.
- Prepare ad hoc payroll reports as needed.
Manage Employee Inquiries
- Responds to inquiries from employees regarding deductions, calculations, and changes in compensation.
- This is a part-time Monday-Wednesday position (24 hours/week)
- Associate's or bachelor's degree in business or accounting preferred
- Minimum 2+ year of payroll or accounting experience. Experience using ADP systems preferred
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, specifically Excel
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Highly organized and deadline sensitive
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $20.00 per hour