March 25, 2022
The Planner coordinates and expedites flow of material, parts, and assemblies between sections or departments, according to the production and shipping schedules or department priorities. Procures parts needed for the manufacturing of products is responsible for the transmittal and scheduling of all production orders received for products within the factory for manufacturing within the parameters of the Business Management System.
In addition to annual initiatives, the key accountabilities of this position are:
Main Job Accountability
- Determines material requirements of manufactured items through Enterprise Planning (EP), Master production Schedule (MPS).
- Releases shop orders to the shop floor.
- Evaluates shortage reports through LN systems, expedites manufactured and purchased parts either through the shop floor or with specific buyers.
- Is responsible for inventory adjustments; investigates causes and recommends solutions.
- Investigates and solves problems resulting from material shortage.
- Reviews on-time performance daily and investigates missed deliveries; recommends suggestions for improvement.
- Reviews in house and supplier bottlenecks and makes recommendations for solutions.
- Assists in the development and execution of cost reduction programs. Value added program to simplify inventory management.
- Responsible for all stocking levels, common parts, semi finished and finished goods; maintains inventory levels to ensure on-time performance.
- Reviews internal on-time performance to meet customer’s expectations.
- Updates customer delivery dates in the to customer service as needed.
- Corrects material issues for production orders to eliminate manufacturing variances.
- Distribution ordering through EP.
- Ensuring on-time performance of all customers’ deliveries.
- Responsible for cycle counting items within their area.
- Investigates methods to reduce cycle time.
- College degree in Business of a Management related field; 2-3 years experience in planning and/or inventory control; APICS certification or equivalent.
- Superior PC skills.
- Well organized; capable of performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with normal activities.
- Good communication skills both written and oral.