May 26, 2022
The Quality Engineer will work with a global cross-functional team at Armstrong, with a focus on quality assurance and quality control to develop processes and procedures for continuous improvement based on quality standards, safety regulations, and client expectations. The Quality Engineer is responsible for investigating customer claims, warranty, and supplier’s quality escape.
This position is located in Toronto, with regular travel to supplier locations in Ontario.
In addition to annual initiatives, the key accountabilities of this position are:
Customer Quality Claim and Warranty Service
- Daily collaboration with Customer Service, Warranty, and Operations team to resolve product quality issues
- Own resolving Customer issues, Process Return Goods, use 5 Whys to analyze, prioritize and set an action plan to eliminate the issue, develop a short-term and long-term containment action plan, monitor implementation to prevent non-conformity.
- Focused on parts/product safety and warranty to support both Supplier and customers.
- Partner with the Engineering team during the investigation and lead Quality review meetings.
Quality Continues improvement:
- Draft and Issue Quality Alerts for the internal and external stakeholders.
- Set up Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Quality dashboards to monitor non-conformity.
- Work with the Design Engineering team to improve Quality Inspection tools.
- Develop effective reports for the leadership to highlight customers' claims.
- Communicate conformity and non-conformity reports effectively with the shop floor associates.
- Promote continuous improvements such as Six-Sigma, Poka-Yoke (Error Proofing), and Measurement System Analysis
Quality Project Management
- Lead and execute quality projects, such as drafting SOPs, Work instructions, training Manual, Audit, inspection criteria, Sample test, FAIR, and new product development.
- Prepare a Quality Status report to update customers and the internal team regarding major Warranty and Customer Service items.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to improve the quality of new or existing products.
Quality Engineering Standards:
- Read, review, approve Engineering Drawing and the GD & T in detail, check dimensions (numerical or mathematical), form, size, orientation, or location, of a part. (According to AMSE Y14.5)
- Train Quality Assurance inspector, and Supplier Quality Engineer to understand drawing, inspect sample parts.
- Audit suppliers and evaluate their capability to manufacture complying products.
- Document lessons learned from warranty analysis, Supplier’s report, new projects (DFMEA (Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis) /PFMEA (Process Failure Mode and Effect Analysis) /CP (Process Capability).
- Initiate NCR (Non-Conformity Report) to document non-conformity and disposition accordingly.
- Participate in Advanced Product Quality Planning.
- Use the principles of statistics, process control, and other mathematical techniques for analysis, design, and troubleshooting of quality issues
- Maintain and develop the ISO 9001 and 14001 Quality Management System
- University Degree in Mechatronics, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or qualified in a relevant technical discipline.
- 5-10 years of relevant experience in a manufacturing environment or HVAC, fluid management fields
- Strong knowledge of Quality Management system, Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA)
- Lean Six Sigma experience and certified green or black belt are preferred.
- Knowledge in performing ISO9001 audits and certifications.
- Knowledge of AC motors, VFD drives, sensors, and controls
- familiar in ERP Software, Infor LN is preferred.
- Knowledge in Pumps, HVAC, Heat Exchangers, and pressure vessels are preferred.
- Familiar with troubleshooting techniques
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills with customers and suppliers.
- Creative problem-solving skills, conflict management within different organizations (centralized and matrix organizational structures)
- Strong, team-oriented leadership skills with presence and a bias for action.
- Self-directed with the ability to work autonomously and collaboratively and a focus on results.
Sound like you? Send in your resume application today!
To apply for this exciting opportunity please send your application using the button below. We thank all candidates that apply but regret to inform that only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview